Surrender Everything to God

Surrender Everything to God

Image

(My Little Friend Eli & Me)

 

Howdy from Dallas, Texas!


Wow, so far these past three months there’s been a lot going on and I am happy to share with you about it! Before I left Jamaica and moved back to America there were several things on my list I needed to figure out. First and foremost being to find a home base church, renew my passport for another ten years, health insurance, and finding primary medical care in America. While I was attending my close friend’s wedding in Kansas, I was thinking about where I could stay after the wedding. She was the one who suggested Dallas which initially didn’t sit right with me. I have stayed in Dallas for furlough seasons a few times because my host family lives there. I struggled to find a deaf church in the area. I went ahead and reached out and they said I could stay with them for one month. I wasn’t sure what to do because I didn’t want to be bouncing around from place to place. In my thoughts, I didn't see how the plans would work out. But I decided to fully surrender and trust God with whatever He had in store for me after the month-long stay. He would make my straight paths. Before I tell you more, I want to share the scripture with you that applied to my life lately.

SCRIPTURES

 

Proverbs 3:5-6

“Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.”

While I was staying in Dallas, I was experiencing very mixed feelings about the new role at YWAM Jamaica (that I explained about in my previous newsletter) that I was supposed to be stepping into soon. After going back and forth about it, I realized I needed to let it go. I reached out to the ministry leader of the program in Jamaica and explained why I felt something what God tried to show me a way and they released me and I felt so much peace about the decision. I thanked God for working with YWAM Jamaica for two years there. They invested in me to spiritually grow a lot.

 

But suddenly, I was faced with the hard realization in my flesh moments that I had no work, home church, and no place to go next. I was like what do I do now? Where do I go? What church should I be a part of? I stopped and looked up to God to ask for His help right away. I rechecked my heart and made sure to walk in the Spirit no matter what if I do not know what the future plan looks like and put my trust in Him. I decided to roll up my sleeves and network and see if anyone knew of any Deaf churches in the area. I was then able to connect with Silent Friends Chapel (SFC) and I went there and discovered I really liked it! I started asking around if anyone knew of a place I could stay because my month time limit at the host family’s house was almost up! Some of the church members got together and prayed for me. Then, an elderly woman offered to have me stay with her temporarily. I have been blessed living here thus far. Please pray for me about where I will live next in the area. Whether a missionary housing opportunity will open up or staying with a new host family more long-term in the future. Lastly, I am actually a member now of SFC which became my home base church! I believe God would provide a long-term place for me. My passport and health insurance are in process right now. After I get health insurance, I will find a primary physician in the area.

 

I’ve recognized throughout my journey that it is really worth it to surrender everything to God and trust Him. The Holy Spirit has really walked with me every step of the way! It has become so clear to me that God really orchestrates our footing as long as we follow Him. It’s faith without seeing and not knowing what the future will bring. Nonetheless believing that God will illuminate the right path. 

(Enjoy watching a video! I would take more ministry pictures in the future)

 

Present Plans

I am excited to share with you what my new chapter in life is now that I’m not involved with YWAM. As well as my plans for the future and for my current situation. I have committed to a one-year there to serve SFC. I will be involved in their discipleship college ministry to spiritually grow, focusing on their young adult group. I will be teaching Sunday school sometimes and will be putting on events called “The Gathering”. Here, college students and young adults can get together, develop relationships, encourage them, and grow their relationship with God deeper. This will be my main focus for one year. 

 

For seven months, I will also be involved with a Zoom workshop about recovery and support. I will be learning about various tools to help other people going through trauma, abuse, and other things. My desire is to help others with their inner turmoil, process, heal, and find hope in God! I am really looking forward to this workshop! I joined this month and it will continue through April, meeting once a month. 

 

Missions Process

I have been in contact with two organizations that focus on missions. I passionately continue spreading Good News to the deaf community which would be short-term trips in the overseas missions. I have completed the application for one organization. This application process has been really long. Please pray that I can clearly see the path God wants me to go down and the door He opens for me. Furthermore, if there is a door that God does not desire for my life, pray that He gives me the wisdom to lead me the right way.

 

Opportunities

Many of you know my story of how God is using me as a traveling motivational speaker and/or just sharing the testimony as a presenter. I will continue to do that and already have a few invitations around the country in Minnesota, Illinois, and a few other destinations. I will be sharing my testimony and encouraging, inspiring, and challenging people to go deeper with the Holy Spirit. I will start my travels this February, and I ask for your help in an increase in financial support because things will start to get really busy! I am excited to see where and how God will use me, and I will be certain to give all the glory to Him in the process! 

 

SFC lead pastor’s name is Ashton Luff. I have his full support wherever God calls me to travel in the USA, to present and give my testimony supporting and encouraging others in the process. He also supports me fully wherever God calls me to go out of the country to do mission work. I am open to wherever the organization or church might send me in the USA as well as short-term missions out of the country. Also, I have developed my bio and am so thrilled to invite you to share it with your organizations and church ministries! If you want me to go present at your events I would be happy to! Wherever God leads me and makes a way I am eagerly looking forward to new opportunities on the horizon!

Here is a bio! Please feel free to share it with others!

 

Prayer Points

 

Please Pray For Me:

 

-Waiting (Gain more patience)
-Receiving a passport without any delays
-Missionary housing or new host family to stay with

-Obtaining health insurance and find a primary doctor in Dallas

-Gain financial support in anticipation of traveling more in the future

-Close doors and open doors to make straight paths - missions process

 

 

Your prayers would greatly appreciated! Many thanks! Have a blessed month!

 

Love in Christ,

 

 

Kevlasha Humphrey

Image

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Put Feet to My Faith

God's Ways Are Higher Than Mine